The Syrian war have been mostly depicted as the Syrians trying to overthrow the tyranny of Bashar al-Assad, with the Syrian government cooperating with the Russian troops suppressing the uprise in violent fashion by the European and American mainstream media. However, is this the whole truth? Eva Bartlett, a Canadian independent reporter, spoke on the Syrian issue in a press conference at the United Nations with striking truths, here is a summary of her words.
1. The troops of the Syrian government would regain control of Aleppo, the second largest Syrian city in mid-December from the hands of terrorists who have occupied the region for years. Hundreds of thousands of local citizens would be liberated. The locals have told me they wish to be liberated as soon as possible during my four visits to Aleppo. Meanwhile, it is utterly meaningless for the United Nations, Canada included, to once again propose to ceasefire that was already struck down by China and Russia at the Security Council.
2. It was September 2016 when ceasefire was last put on the table. The 20 or so terrorists organisations in Syria had collectively declared that they would not enter into the ceasefire agreement at the time. In exception to the terrorists, when the Syrian army and the Russian army ceased fire as agreed, it was the allies, led by the US, who broke the ceasefire agreement. A stronghold of the Syrian army was under airstrike for almost an hour, resulting in 83 deaths and the ISIS’ occupation of the area. As the allies have not only funded terrorists, but also unable to control their activities, these ceasefire agreements are meaningless.
3. I have visited Syria six times since 2014, twice with the United Nations and four times on my own, visiting various cities in Syria and communicating with locals in Arabic. It is true that the Syrian locals actually support the Syrian army and the government.
4. The truth is the American and European media have reported the direct opposite of what is actually happening. BBC, New York Times and the Guardian have been providing false reports on Aleppo.
5. Aleppo has been occupied by multiple terrorist groups since 2012 by the likes of Syrian Liberation Army, who are no different than ISIS or the Hezbollah.
6. The current liberation is only in the city of Aleppo. However, in the greater Aleppo region, more than 1.5 million residents in that area has been living in extremely poor conditions since 2012, where water, food, electricity and medicine are in dire needs, while facing continuous attacks of airstrikes, chemical attacks and many types attacks from terrorists. As there are still terrorists hiding in the Aleppo area who are still in possession of chemical weapons, bodies are still mounting up at a daily basis.
7. The mainstream media have been creating a false image of the Sunni trying to overthrow the Shia Bashar al-Assad. But the fact is, there are Shia within Aleppo who are in favour of al-Assad.
8. There was a rumour that a hospital in Aleppo got destroyed in a Syrian-Russian airstrike. According to a satellite image provided by Russia, that hospital remains unscathed after the date of said destruction, proving the rumour to be false.
9. Another piece of news about the destruction of another hospital in Aleppo could also be false. A hospital that was famous for its treatment of cancer in the Middle East was destroyed by terrorists by car bombs in 2013. The Fox News used the photo of that explosion to depict as a hospital in Aleppo being destroyed by the Syrian-Russian airstrike. This is another proof of the media trying to fabricate lies to fit their own storylines.
10. The media has been fabricating the lack of medical personnel in the Aleppo area. From my own observation, the liberated area has plenty of medical staff. What the media is referring to is probably the yet-to-be-liberated greater Aleppo region. I was almost hit by a missile in the terrorist-controlled region during my visit. The missile landed only couple of metres away from me.
11. On 4 November, the terrorist-controlled area in East Aleppo announced their permission for residents to evacuate. But as before, terrorists attacked the entry points during the evacuation, killing many innocent civilians. We can see that the terrorists are in fact taking the civilians as hostage to resist the Syrian army.
12. If your news source isn’t the mainstream media such as BBC, you would see many evacuated civilians being delighted to be liberated from the terrorist-controlled areas. Many are accusing the terrorists of hoarding food from the civilians, and threatening to shoot the locals if they were to leave the occupied areas without permission.
13. Many accuse the Russian airstrikes annihilated the fundamental facilities in Aleppo. However, we should blame the terrorist who has no regards of the lives of the locals. The terrorists would hide within underground structures, go up to ground level to fire bazookas at the liberated area, then return underground. The Syrian-Russian army would attack them from air, but sadly only the innocent civilians would suffer casualty.
14. I saw factories, converted from schools by terrorists, that were producing chemical weapons with my own eyes.
15. We can only hope the terrorists to cease their acts in the near future, and the US to immediately stop funding the terrorists.
(There are other reporters at the press conference who questioned Eva Bartlett’s grounds of criticising the mainstream media of fabricating news as well as the proof of locals supporting the al-Assad government.)
1. There have been reports of many humanitarian organisations being attacked by the Syrian-Russian army in terrorist-occupied region, but can you tell me what organisations have been working in the East Aleppo region? The answer is none. There are no organisations there.
2. There is an organisation called “White Helmets” reported in the media. It claims to be established back in 2013 by an ex-British army as an aiding organisation funded by the British government and the US government. It also claims to have been helping civilians in East Aleppo to evacuation. But in fact, if you ask any evacuated civilians from the area, not one has heard of this organisation.
3. How do I quantify their support towards the al-Assad government? Simply by the local election results. Bashar al-Assad received over 74% of votes in the most recent election. Many Syrian overseas would go to the local embassy to cast their votes. The Syrians in Lebanon would either walk back to Syria or queue outside the embassy overnight just to vote for al-Assad. Back then, the election was only carried out in the government-controlled area, civilians would risk getting attacked by armed forces just to vote for al-Assad to be reelected.
4. As the mainstream media still believe the Syrian incident as a civil war, a conflict between a tyrannical government and some anti-establishment powers that are empty-handed, they would continue to fabricate their own news. The mainstream media claims the locals wish not to be governed by the government, but in fact, every evacuated civilian out of the terrorist-controlled area is more than delighted.
5. You (referring to the reporter who raised the question) are just one of them, the mainstream media and the group of countries led by the US, who has only one agenda in this Syrian business, that is to overthrow the al-Assad government.
Original Text in Chinese 中文原文: